Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Getting back into "the swing of things" has not been easy.  I am having a hard time trying to do too much, but not getting anything done. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

For me, this comes down to priorities, organization, and schedule. 

Prioritizing is never fun for me.  I find this difficult because there is not usually an obvious, frivilous drain, or an easy solution!  It means really praying into what things need to be given my time an energies, and what things are not as important.   Yes, it means "giving up" doing some things that I value, but I find I am able to value my other priorities even more.

Organization can really make or break my priorities.  A house worthy of Better Homes and Gardens is not one of my top priorities, however, it does need to maintain some stanard for me to focus on my priorities.  If I fail to organize, I can spend all my time cleaning and "fixing" (which can be neverending) and never get around to my priorities.

Lastly, every time I make a shift in priorities, I realize that my whole household feels these shifts, and it can take some time to cement into our schedules.  I try not to overschedule our time, but the more consistant I can be, the more the children will know what is expcted of them (routine = less disclipline), and again, our main priorities are more likely to be met.

This week, I am my work in progress.  This does not mean I don't have a few other projects in the works, but whether or not they get completed really won't matter to anyone other than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment